Saturday, October 13, 2007

Zine Fest in San Francisco

Okay, maybe this image isn't from the zine fest, but from Chinatown the following day. How can you go to San Francisco without going to Chinatown?

My fiance and I got back Monday from a long weekend, where we were participating in the San Francisco Zine Fest. I didn't take anything, as I hadn't had time to do any t-shirts except the two I made for myself as practice ones. But I was excited because I talked to John Isaacson, who wrote the book "Do-It-Yourself Screenprinting" and he liked my shirt. I also bought the book and highly recommend it because it's written in graphic novel form, and being a visual person, it's easier and quicker to understand.

The show wasn't very big, but we sold pretty well. It was a good place for a first show since we didn't know how to run the credit card imprinter and got to practice with that, plus to just see what would sell. Our next craft show is Thanksgiving weekend and I hope to have some stuff done to sell there. Right now I have around six projects started, so my goal today is to finish one of them. I'm going to try to post at least every other day as well so I can be motivated to do more art.

No comments: