Sunday, July 6, 2008


Well, I finally met my partner in the Joint Custody Project last night. We'd been out shopping for appliances all day and I was exhausted, so we didn't get to the gallery until 7:30 p.m. (the opening was from 6-9). I was nervous about meeting Collaborator A because you never know if they liked what you did with the piece, or hated it. I started looking around at the show and my fiance, who had just come back from getting us drinks, said, "I think you're partner's outside. There's someone standing with a piece of paper that says 'Kim' on it."

Liz Acosta (above, right) turned out to be a young, bubbly, incredibly friendly artist who recently graduated from USC. We immediately hit it off and talked for quite a while about the back and forth process and why we did what we did to the piece. I didn't get many photos of the final product, but the gallery took some and I'll put them up as soon as I get them. Read this interview that Brady Brim-DeForest gave to L.A. Record about the show.

No comments: