Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Its Always Sunny with The Frantic Meerkat

So this was the highlight of my weekend manning the booth at Unique LA. Okay, I didn't take this photo because I was too shy to actually acknowledge that I knew who Kaitlin Olson and Rob McElhenney of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" were. But luckily someone at Unique LA did.

After posing for photos with some fans (some were particularly loud and obnoxious -- must have been the free beer), they browsed through our booth, Kaitlin looking at cards, prints and magnets, and Rob checking out Mincy's bird paintings. Why is it I get so nervous when famous people are looking at my cards & magnets? Kaitlin bought two comic cards and one of my magnets. She also said she really loved my stuff which is a huge compliment from someone who works in comedy.

Unique LA was tons of work (thanks to my hard-working fiance who did set up by himself on Friday), but also very fun. We reconnected with people we often only see at craft shows like Two Guitars and Amy Olson, a couple from Portland who we previously met at San Francisco's Bazaar Bizarre. And of course, Michelle Caplan, and Hannah of HannahMade.

Of course, the fun thing about LA is that you never know who's going to show up in your booth and gawk at your wares.

1 comment:

Art Kitten said...

Congrats on the sales! I don't know how I would react if someone famous was looking at my work, I would probably freeze up.