Monday, September 29, 2008

Jonah Hill bought one of my cards!


The Mincing Mockingbird said I shouldn't mention it, but since already posted it on his blog, I thought, why not? The joke in our house is I never see celebrities. They can walk right by me and I am just not paying attention I guess. Unlike the mockingbird, who can spot a celeb driving by us at 60 mph at night. So I'm at the Abbot Kinney Festival and am walking back from a trip to the wonderful Andy Gump portable toilet service (shudder), when a guy in front of me turns around and talks to someone behind him and I think "Oh my god! That's Jonah Hill!" So I proudly make a beeline back to the mockingbird to prove to him that I do NOT have a fame-sighting defect. While I'm telling him, he says "Oh yeah, he's standing in front of our booth." To shorten an already long story, he actually came into our booth, liked the mockingbird's painting of a roadrunner and a rattlesnake, and purchased one of my mother birthday cards.

The guy with him loved my cards and bought four, which is a wonderful feeling when you connect with someone and they "get" your humor. Not sure who he was, but he was probably some celebrity that I just didn't recognize.

Obviously he was a genius of some kind because he loved my cards.

2 comments:

Art Kitten said...

Indeed he was a genius as your work is hilarious

Kim Bagwill said...

Thanks! You must be a genius, too. And you are - your work is fabulous!