Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Sewing Lounge opens in Burbank!




Did you ever see a fabulous skirt or shirt and say, "I wish I could make that"? Well, now you can. The Sewing Lounge is holding its grand opening this Saturday, April 18, at 3216 Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank. The owner, Jessica Dooley (above), is offering classes in basic sewing, using a serger, appliques, and she even has classes for men and children.

Besides classes, she offers open sewing (rent a machine by the hour), private classes, private parties and a handmade boutique with art from local LA artists. Mincing Mockingbird, Minjae, and I all have items in her store (see images above for Minjae's Amy Winehouse doll, Mincy's bird prints and my framed prints).

The opening is from 5-8 p.m. and Mincy and I are planning on stopping by. Check out The Sewing Lounge website for more info here.

1 comment:

Dugout Daisy said...

I'm bummed I'll be over on the westside for the opening, but I'll be sure to stop by perhaps next weekend!
Thanks for letting us know about this!
;)