Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New ACEO before Oz


Here's my newest aceo. I found the text in a Woman's Day magazine from 1959.

This could be my last post for a couple of weeks as I leave for a whirlwind trip to Australia on Friday (I may be able to post tomorrow though). We're in Bribane for two days, Sydney for four (with a side trip to the Blue Mountains), Tasmania for four and Melbourne for four where we'll stay with my penpal from 6th grade. She and her husband visited me 17 years ago when I lived in Chicago and stayed with us for a week or so and since I was little, it's been a dream of mine to visit her in Australia. I'll be taking tons of photos, some of which will hopefully end up in my artwork. Plus, I hope to buy some old books or magazines to use in my altered art and collage work. I can't wait! And the Mincing Mockingbird plans to take a lot of photos of birds, so he'll have new painting subjects.

No comments: